Migrating website/domain from Reigster.com to Dreamhost

I had a very basic website for years on register.com for my business, but I decided recently to do a complete overhaul to make it far more professional looking. The site has been built in Wordpress, but now that it’s live I’m noticing that it’s loading painfully slow no matter who accesses it… I’m talking 10+ seconds per page to load.

I think I want to switch over to Dreamhost, since I hear it can handle websites far better. My question is, is it easy to migrate both the domain name AND the content of the site over? I’d have to cancel my reigster.com domain and get one here, but I have no idea how difficult that would be. Thank you!

Hello TheBrianJ,

I believe I spoke to you earlier today via our Live Chat function and we got you started. Please let me know if that is not the case and I will be happy to follow up with you via email with full instructions.

If you have any additional questions about where we left off in the process you can submit a support request or contact us via Live Chat from the panel in the “Support” >“Contact Support” tab.

Thanks,
Mari

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.