Microsoft Email - Diabolical (eg receiving DH cron emails)

Is it just me or is Microsoft out of control?

Here’s one example that has taken me hours and hours to find a solution (really a work-around) for.

I have a DreamHost shared server account which I use for backing up and testing. (All really easy thanks DH!)

Lo and behold though, when you set your cron job to email you at something like patrick_name@live.com (or any other derivations I imagine), they just get bounced.

Just trying to add my dreamhost email address as a Safe Sender took hours and, as you can see here, it still doesn’t work.

I ended up having to use an email address on my own email server to actually have the cron email forwarded to me at my Outlook email.

There’s a lot of other stuff I could write on how much time Microshaft has cost me just in the last two months. I get no “real” work done. (God knows how much trouble they cause organisations like DH).

Am I crazy or is it diabolical?
:face_with_raised_eyebrow:

I don’t know :slight_smile: In my experience, delivering email is crazy-making: email servers, especially the big ones like seem to be quite restrictive by default. Your approach of sending cron-generated emails to your own servers is what I would have done too :slight_smile:

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.