MediaWiki

apps

Gidday. Last night I upgraded my 2 MediaWiki installations to 1.9.0, using the DH one-click method. I can still access both wiki’s, apparently do everything -except save any changes to an existing page, or create an entirely new page. The error message I am getting is:

Database error
A database query syntax error has occurred. This may indicate a bug in the software. The last attempted database query was:
(SQL query hidden)
from within function “Article::updateRedirectOn”. MySQL returned error “1146: Table xxx_xxx.avw_redirect’ doesn’t exist (xxx.xxx.com)”.

I am assuming this is a bug in this release of MediaWiki? My question therefore, is there a fix available for this, or is DH going to make 1.9.2 (which I hope would resolve this issue) available anytime soon?

You might find the following thread useful;

http://discussion.dreamhost.com/showflat.pl?Cat=&Board=forum_troubleshooting&Number=69218&page=&view=&sb=&o=&vc=1

I believe silkrooster resolved the problem by re-running the update scripts.

Good luck.

Mark

Save [color=#CC0000]$50[/color] on DreamHost plans using [color=#CC0000]PRICESLASH[/color] promo code (Click for DreamHost promo code details)

thanks for the quick reply!

That certainly appears to be the same error. Where do I find the udate.php and refreshLinks.php scripts? I can’t see them in my install at all.

Disregard. found them in …/wiki/maintenance/…

Only problem is I don’t know how to run them! Would appreciate some guidance :slight_smile:

Firstly, I should point out that I haven’t installed MediaWiki, so any advice I give may very well be wrong, it wouldn’t be the first time. :wink:

I believe you should have received an email after updating the wiki that explains how to run the scripts, but generally you just need to point your browser at the php scripts and they will do their thing.

Mark

Save [color=#CC0000]$50[/color] on DreamHost plans using [color=#CC0000]PRICESLASH[/color] promo code (Click for DreamHost promo code details)

In reply to: you just need to point your browser at the php scripts and they will do their thing.

Thanks man, that was the 1st thing I tried… got a 404 Verboten! Must be another way.

A 404 error suggests that you got the URL incorrect. :slight_smile:

Did you receive the DreamHost email after updating? Did this have details on running the update scripts?

If you didn’t receive the email, try looking in Support -> Support History, this panel section contains a copy of all emails sent to you from DreamHost.

Mark

There’s a file to edit and rename.

[quote]Note! MediaWiki 1.9.0 requires PHP5! Also, you’ll need to run
two scripts to update your database. Please follow these instructions:
http://wiki.dreamhost.com/index.php/MediaWiki#Upgrading_to_1.9.0

Any custom skins or plug-ins you might have added may need to be re-
installed… your old installation is still available at the same place
you used to have your installation, but with a “.old” tacked on.

If for some reason you need to restore it, just rename the directories
with your FTP client.

Thanks!
The Happy DreamHost 1-Click Robot![/quote]

Thanks for dropping in with the details John.

After reading the wiki article, it looks like running the scripts is not a simple matter of pointing your browser at them, sorry for misleading you RakiuraSkies. :blush:

Mark

“Who is John Galt?”

–rlparker