MediaWiki Set up

Ok, I’m sure this is a really really dumb question, but I havent been able to find the answers in the Dreamhost wiki. I have done the one click install of MediaWiki and filled in the form etc. I have gotten to the point where it says “To complete the installation, move config/LocalSettings.php to the parent directory.”

My problem is I have no idea where the parent directory is or how I move ‘config/LocalSettings.php’ to it.

I am definitely a newbie to web design/creation etc, so really simple step by step instructions would be great!

Thanks!

The parent directory is where the config directory is.

I’d assume that the full path to your config directory is /home/yourusername/yourdomain.com/config/LocalSettings.php. You will need to move the file to /home/yourusername/yourdomain.com/ directory.

Thanks! but like I said, absolute newbie here, so a) how do I follow that full path name? Is it a file in my computer somewhere, or on the Dreamhost control panel or??? Secondly, once I find it, can I then just cut and paste? Click and drag? to move it or is there something else that needs to happen? Sorry, I hate to be asking such dumb questions, but all the instructions assume you know what these things are!

I understand that you installed MediaWiki via one click. Since MediaWiki has been installed on your live domain, you will need to move the file in your server.

To move the file

1. log into DH panel
  2. go to Domains
  3. go to Manage Domains
  4. find your domain and click WebFTP
  5. log into WebFTP
  6. locate your file in config directory and cut and paste to yourdomain.com directory

Try that and let us know whether it works

I did this, but now I have a new error message at mydomain.com/wiki:

Warning: require_once(/home/rebrunetti/aprendedorismo.net.br/maintenance/install-utils.inc) [function.require-once]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/rebrunetti/aprendedorismo.net.br/wiki/Installer.php on line 35

Fatal error: require_once() [function.require]: Failed opening required ‘/home/rebrunetti/aprendedorismo.net.br/maintenance/install-utils.inc’ (include_path=’.:/usr/local/lib/php:/usr/local/php5/lib/pear’) in /home/rebrunetti/aprendedorismo.net.br/wiki/Installer.php on line 35

What should I do?

tks
tereza

where is the maintenance directory? where is the file install-utils.inc?