MediaWiki not working after server move

apps

So I got an e-mail saying my account was moved to a new server, which is nice. My main page was to a MediaWiki installation, which now comes back with the error message:

"Forbidden

You don’t have permission to access /index.php on this server.

Additionally, a 403 Forbidden error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request."

The e-mail mentioned something about paths and stuff to check that might be an issue, but since this MediaWiki was installed by the installer subpage on my control panel for the account, I assumed this wasn’t a concern. Silly me. Well, I’m not sure what should I be looking for, or even if this is fixable at all. All comments will be much appreciated.

It will be fixable.

Did the email mention checking files or database for the presence of a /home/[color=#CC0000].dataglob[/color]/username/ string?

Maximum Cash Discount on any plan with MAXCASH

How To Install PHP.INI / ionCube on DreamHost

Yes, that was mentioned, though it only adds to my confusion. What does it mean, exactly? Is this literally “.dataglob” or should I substitute for something account-related? The wiki on “Server Moves” also mentions this but is just as obscure to my non-expert brain.

The .dataglob name will be different. You need to remove any reference to it from your scripts and database (if applicable).

eg. you might need to change /home/.random/username/ -> /home/username/

Well, they are not “my” scripts, all this was autoinstalled from the control panel. I just checked the (supposedly all two as far as I know which is not much) configuration files for this MediaWiki installation and there is not a single case of such “.dataglob” things. Bummer.

Could be a problem with the .htaccess file. Did you make any custom changes to it at your old server?

Well, it was indeed the .htaccess. For some reason, the automated moving added some new lines to the old one, and MW didn’t like that. I got it solved by asking the support and getting back a fast answer, nice.

Which lines were added? :open_mouth: