MediaWiki is 1.8.2 but DH version is 1.7.1

apps

Hello!

When will MediaWiki Wiki be updated for the latest version (1.8.2)? 1.7.1 has almost 3 months.

Thank you!!

DreamHost $97 discount code: 97promo «« Check other codes on DreamHost97.com
:slight_smile: All money from 90promo was given to Santa’s Helpers Charity :slight_smile:

Just to let you know that MediaWiki was updated :slight_smile:

Thank you DreamHost!!! You are the best!

DreamHost $97 discount code: 97promo «« Check other codes on DreamHost97.com
:slight_smile: All money from 90promo was given to Santa’s Helpers Charity :slight_smile:

I don’t see any other posts on Wiki installation here.
You talk about DH “having” MediaWiki 1.8.2… does that mean that to create a wiki here I won’t have to (or can’t even) do my own installation… but can create my site’s own wiki using their installation?

Can anyone point me to a walk-through guide to this process? TIA!

“Yes”, it means you won’t have to do your own installation because you can create your site’s own wiki using the Dreamhost installation. You can also do your own installation if you prefer (which is how I generally do these installations).

Using Dreamhost’s “one-click” installer is “dead simple”, just follow the prompts on the presented screens and you should be good :wink:

More information on MediaWiki on Dreamhost is available here, and you might find this helpful reading even if you choose to use the “one-click” installer. Make sure to note that different version of PHP and MediaWiki are discussed in this article, so remember that PHP5 is required for the “one-click” installation, and any version of MediaWiki that is 1.7.1 or higher , should you choose to install it yourself :wink:

–rlparker