MediaWiki hanging after image upload

apps

I did the one-click install for http://donnael.com/GXCWiki/ and then used the site for a while. After a few days, I enabled image uploads and uploaded an PNG file. The site hung, and eventually came back with an Internal Server Error.

PHP error logging is not enabled: the Apache error log says “Premature end of script headers: php5.cgi”. I tried enabling error logging as instructed in http://wiki.dreamhost.com/PHP.ini, but that broke my blog’s subdomain.

Other applications on that domain work, but this one is completely hosed. Any thoughts? Thanks.

This could mean several things. Verify you don’t have a blank line at the end of any files you may have edited. Also verify the permissions are correct on the upload directory.

All else fails, you may contact support and ask if they can help further.

Good luck!

Save [color=#CC0000]$97[/color] on all plans by using promo code: SRVR97. More Here

Did you have any luck with resolving this issue?

I am having the same problem. My permissions are definitely correct.

In case anyone has this issue in the future, there is a conflict with ImageMagick (MediaWiki’s native image resizer) and whatever Dreamhost uses by default for image resizing. Ironically, disabling ImageMagick will still allow you to resize images just fine. It’s worth noting that if you move off of Dreamhost for any reason, you’ll need to re-enable ImageMagick or another resizer or you’ll lose that functionality.

On line 82 of LocalSettings.php, simple make $wgUseImageMagick = false;

I hope this helps. I’m going to try to update the wiki as well as inform Dreammhost support whenever they answer my ticket.

GD is the staple for image processing. It could be that the last time the MediaWiki One-Click backend was updated they’ve inadvertently left that particular flag set as true. You might consider letting Support know about it in an individual ticket.

Good find! :wink:

Maximum Cash Discount on any plan with MAXCASH

How To Install PHP.INI / ionCube on DreamHost

I went ahead and submitted a ticket explaining the problem and resolution to support, as well as a quick update in the support wiki.

Hopefully some common google search terms will return this for Dreamhost users because it definitely wasted 3 days of my time :frowning:

Chances are your find will help many others in sorting out their Wiki woes :wink:

Maximum Cash Discount on any plan with MAXCASH

How To Install PHP.INI / ionCube on DreamHost