Mediawiki and logo

apps

I’m trying to figure out how to change the logo in the upper right hand corner in Mediawiki.

I know you’re supposed to set $wpLogo in LocalSettings.php. There’s one in wikmedia’s home directory but it doesn’t seem to have any effect. I tried putting $wpLogo=""; at the beginning of the php code, but the logo still appears.

You could just find the image file and change that to what you want.

$97 DISCOUNT [color=#CC0000]DISCOM97[/color], Double bandwidth or disk [color=#CC0000]DISCOMX2BW[/color] or [color=#CC0000]DISCOMX2SPACE[/color] More codes

Is that upper left? You have to put your new logo image in the correct consistent location. Also you should change it where it already is in LocalSettings.php.

$wgStylePath = “$wgScriptPath/skins”;
$wgLogo = “$wgStylePath/common/images/your-picture.png”;

$wgScriptPath = “/your-directory”;

The best promo code in the universe: [color=#00CC00]Red[/color][color=#CC0000]Green[/color]

Oddly

Doesn’t appear in LocalSettings.php

In includes/DefaultSettings.php I found this:

$wgLogo = false; /// defaults to “{$wgStylePath}/common/images/wiki.png”

So it look like $wgScriptPath/skins/common/images/wiki.png is the current logo, if I set $wgLogo from false to some file, it should point to the logo there, yes?

“your-picture” was an edit of “wiki”

Since you’re having some difficulty adjusting Localsettings, I’d fall back to the earlier suggestion to copy your logo to wiki.png. Find it and copy over it.

There are links to help pages in Localsettings and Defaultsettings.

The best promo code in the universe: [color=#00CC00]Red[/color][color=#CC0000]Green[/color]

Yeah, which is really strange, because the files were exactly what the dreamhost installer put in. I’ll probably see if I add the fields to LocalSettings.php if they take, if not, I’ll put them in includes/DefaultSettings.php

Though true, if I do an update (aka when) it’ll overwrite that, but I can change that back.

Thanks for the help. It surprises me that Wikimedia hasn’t gone to a web admin page like you see with Wordpress/Joomla/PhpBB/Moodle, etc.