.mdb file

software development

Hi !
I am Brazilian and don’t speak English very well, I wait that they can understand me…

Well, I daily need to read one .mdb file in dreamhost to store the data in Mysql.

You can guide me the best way to make this?

anticipatedly, thank you so much.

Bye,
Dammy

Help me, please !!!

Open up your .mdb file in Microsoft Access and then export the data to a file in the CSV (comma separated values) format. You will then be able to easily import the data with phpMyAdmin.

si-blog
Max discount on any plan with promocode SCJESSEYTOTAL

Openoffice (free) may read them or you could try mdb tools (free), which may run on the servers.

$1 for me << [color=#00CC00]SE7ENOF9[/color] | [color=#CC0000]SE7ENOF97[/color] >> All for you

Thanks for help me.
I go to make some tests

I still do not obtain success to read .mdb file in dreamhost.

Somebody knows if in dreamhost it has ODBC and how I make to use (in dreamhost)?

Thank you so much.

Did you try the advice I gave you above? Export your tables in CSV format, create your tables and import the data using phpMyAdmin.

si-blog

I can´t export my tables in CSV.
I need read mdb file !
If don´t have ODBC in dreamhost, I will need change host server.
You know if dreamhost has ODBC?

Thanks.

All database software allows you to export your data in some form or another. Even if such a facility didn’t exist, you could build a query that does it for you.

If you want to use ODBC, setup ODBC on your Windows machine to link to your MySQL database using the MySQL Connector/ODBC driver. You setup the ODBC driver using the same hostname, username and password you used when you created your MySQL database. You will need to login to the Control Panel to modify user privileges, but after that you should be able to use the export function in MS Access to dump your data into MySQL. You’ll have to add primary keys and indexes yourself.

si-blog

I excuse myself very for not knowing to explain my difficulty, this I am because I do not dominate the English.

But, for specific reasons, I really need uploaded mdb and to read it in the server to insert the data in mysql.

at this moment, I only need to know if he is possible or not to make this in dreamhost

No. It is not possible.

si-blog

All right.

Thanks.