May i set my hosting account's apache setting?

may i know i can set my hosting account’s apache setting?

Which setting do you need to change? While you do not have access to the Apache configuration file, you can change many settings using a .htaccess file.

Mark

Save [color=#CC0000]$50[/color] on DreamHost plans using [color=#CC0000]PRICESLASH[/color] promo code (Click for DreamHost promo code details)

I like to block ppl to load my website’s image to decrease my website’s bandwidth. may i do it?

Yes, you can do this either by using the panel, or by creating a .htaccess file manually.

For the panel method; Go to Goodies -> HTAccess/WebDAV in the panel, click on the relevant domain, click on configure a new directory, enter the directory you wish to protect in the top text box, enable the Forbid linking to files in this dir? checkbox then click the Configure this directory button.

If you prefer to manually create or modify your .htaccess file, see the wiki article linked below.

http://www.wiki.dreamhost.com/index.php/KB_/Unix/_.htaccess_files#Prevent_Image_Hot_Linking

Mark

Save [color=#CC0000]$50[/color] on DreamHost plans using [color=#CC0000]PRICESLASH[/color] promo code (Click for DreamHost promo code details)