MaxClients problem


#1

Hi, ive got a problem with the maxclients directive. when i insert a line like MaxClients 500 to my htaccess file i get a 500 error when trying to access the website…whats wrong with it? tnx.


#2

What does your error log (/logs/yourdomain/http/error.log) say about the event?

I just tried to add ‘MaxClients 100’ to my .htaccess file and sure enough it generated a 500 server error. My error.log showed the following error…

/home/username/mydomain/.htaccess: MaxClients not allowed here

The other directives I’ve tried work fine in my .htaccess file.

Mark


Save [color=#CC0000]$50[/color] on DreamHost plans using [color=#CC0000]PRICESLASH[/color] promo code (Click for DreamHost promo code details)


#3

yeah, i get the same thing


#4

I am guessing that DreamHost has disabled this particular directive in .htaccess, more than likely so they can control the value of MaxClients.

Mark


Save [color=#CC0000]$50[/color] on DreamHost plans using [color=#CC0000]PRICESLASH[/color] promo code (Click for DreamHost promo code details)