Massive email problems on homiemail-sub4

I cannot be the only one having issues. Basically any email sent to hotmail/MS related accounts is getting bounced immediately from a few of my domain names. The bounce messages are all mentioning a dreamhost IP address. It was kinda working when using webmail, versus SMTP via outlook, now webmail bounces as well, with that message referencing a different IP address of DH.

My own email has now started bouncing for my main domain name to an unrelated email server because apparently DH is listed on spamcop.

I have three support tickets in for a bunch of different email-related issues this week, one of which I asked for a callback and that one is 48 hours old now.

Can someone please tell me that I’m not losing my mind and I’m not the only one frustrated with the issues and lack of reply to any of my concerns?

I’m looking for alternatives now, since I have no choice.

I’m having the same problem - Earthlink and ATT have both bounced emails

Yet another Dreamhost mystery - some of the same email addresses that were bouncing are now going through. Time will tell, I guess

I have been getting bounced emails and notices on these from Hotmail, Hotmail.uk, Live, and Live.uk since about March 5th.

I’ve filed three tickets and checked my domain for blacklisting, and attempted to go through the “I am not a spam bot let the emails through” with Hotmail/Microsoft, but am unable to do so since they detect dreamhost’s abuse, postmaster and other email addresses instead of my domain’s. They send the form to those and, despite any additional instructions I place in the window given, I have not seen or heard anything from Dreamhost regarding this issue.

Also, the emails continue to bounce.

I have also attempted to set up SPF records via the procedures outlined in the wiki.

This is a huge issue because my forum members are not getting notifications.

I’ve also received SpamCop bounces pointing to DH mailservers. I have reported this to Support.

Example (sanitized):

myrecipient@theirhost.com: host mail.theirhost.com[IP.IP.IP.IP] said:
550-“JunkMail rejected - sub4.mail.dreamhost.com
550-(homiemail-a74.g.dreamhost.com) [69.163.253.135]:43767 is in an RBL,
see 550 Blocked - see http://www.spamcop.net/bl.shtml?69.163.253.135” (in
reply to RCPT TO command)
Reporting-MTA: dns; homiemail-a74.g.dreamhost.com

No you are not the only one. I checked my IP and found I am blacklisted on BACKSCATTERER, ivmSIP24 and UCEPROTECTL2 because I am hosted on Dreamhost. Something is going on and they are not dealing with it as it started mid March. I have 3 support tickets with no response. One is over 6 days old! Might be time to move and ask for refund if they do not fix this soon!

It’s happened to me, too.
I’m blocked by my sister’s ISP on ATT.net, and by hotmail, which is my wife’s email service.
I recently talked my daughter into moving her band’s hosting to my hosting account, or I swear I would kill this entire relationship with Dreamhost right now. They’ve also stopped my ftp account, contrary to what they promised when I signed up, because they wanted to force me to their new cloud service. I’m now down to my own website and its email, which no longer can be relied on, and my daughter’s website. Everybody else has left me.
And I get no response from support, other than the automatic “you’re important to us” reply. Six days now for the ticket about ATT, and the blacklist seems to be spreading across the web.

I used to love these people. Now I’m having to figure out what to tell my daughter about her band’s website. Good lord I wish I had told her to stay with GoDaddy!

UPdate:
I was just now able to send an email to an ATT.net address.
Or, at least it didn’t bounce immediately, which it did before.
Hotmail still bounces immediately.

I had the same exact problem. When I switched over to gMail, everything went through fine. It seems to be working now.

On a side note, when that problem started my mail client on my laptop stopped working as in it would not send or receive any mail. I keep getting an error that the server cannot be connected to on the default ports. I’ve checked everything, changed ports, stopped using SSL, nothing seems to work. Email on our phones and webmail works fine. What’s really annoying about this is that my laptop is our spam filter so now we’re seeing tons of spam (I had no idea how much spam we were getting).
I don’t know if the two are related…

Confirmed here, my business is trying to send out sold virtual products via email and all hotmail are bouncing.

Once again, 2014 has been a ****** disaster when it comes to emails.

WHAT IN THE HELL WENT WRONG WITH THE EMAIL SYSTEM THIS YEAR?!?!?!

FYI I’m on Sub3 btw, this isn’t just sub4

I’m scratching my head as to why I’m still with Dreamhost, there’s been nothing dreamy about non-stop email problems throughout 2014. This is by far the absolute worst year for Dreamhost reliability, really disgraceful.

Same story here. emails bouncing back due to blacklisted listed by spamcop.net (homiemail-sub4).
started 6 days ago (25th March). 3 outstanding support tickets. No response yet.

I’ve got the same issue. Raised the ticket over a week ago and except for an auto message telling me that they haven’t met their 24 hour target (after 48 hours) “silence is golden”. Hmmmmm. Maybe time to start investigating alternative hosting coys.

Just to add to this, I too am getting emails blocked by SpamCop currently. My emails use sub5.mail.dreamhost.com.

Thought I had found a way around by using DH’s webmail instead (I had read somewhere it used different IP addresses) but I get the same error. Guess IP address is the same then.

Diagnostic-Code: smtp; 550-ATLAS(2503): 208.113.200.129 is blacklisted and not
authenticated. Please 550-request delisting via the following link: 550
Blocked - see http://www.spamcop.net/bl.shtml?208.113.200.129.

I reported this to DH support yesterday (30 hours ago) but so far no response. Weird if DH support are choosing to stay silent on this. All other interactions I’ve had with support have been timely and very professional.

James

Actually dreamhost usually sends one email on mail blacklist reports that says in short, “we moved your ticket to the mailblock queue, we won’t tell you anymore about what’s happening with that, but we are working on it…”

I’ve said it before… if you depend on continuous uninterrupted email point your MX records somewhere else. Dreamhost does not excel in email, and they admit it. (not posting my normal quotes to posts by greennames in this forum but they do exist.)

I am getting a lot of bounce backs by DH and I’m not a client of theirs. I put a ticket in but don’t expect an answer. When a host won’t provide a telephone number, this is what you get.

How can I find out how the email is flowing through their system and being blocked?

John

Bounce messages typically include information that is helpful in determining why. The first and most obvious question is what is the error message stated in the bounce message?

been having problems for a week - same stuff as everyone else. Did have a response from tech support that issues were resolved with Spamcop but it got worse after that!

This is the message now:

Reporting-MTA: dns; homiemail-a106.g.dreamhost.com
X-Postfix-Queue-ID: CCC792005D10A
X-Postfix-Sender: rfc822; @.com
Arrival-Date: Mon, 31 Mar 2014 08:18:52 -0700 (PDT)

Final-Recipient: rfc822; @
Original-Recipient: rfc822;@
Action: failed
Remote-MTA: dns;
Diagnostic-Code: smtp; 550 5.7.1 Recipient not authorized, your IP has been
found on a block list

also noted that emails don’t always have the same homiemail-a(XXX).g.dreamhost address (where xxxx varies between responses). When I enter any of those addresses into spamcop - they report as blocked

There is a dreamhoststatus announcement on this now http://www.dreamhoststatus.com/2014/03/31/mail-server-sending-issues-due-to-rbl-block/

Emails is getting blocked on AT&T and Hotmail… example response below (recipient email X-ed out). Please post status update when this has been resolved so I can communicate that to my clients.

This is the mail system at host homiemail-a105.g.dreamhost.com.

I’m sorry to have to inform you that your message could not be delivered to one or more recipients. It’s attached below.

If you are a current customer of DreamHost, please contact our technical support team here

https://panel.dreamhost.com/support

If you are not a customer please use our contact form at.

http://dreamhost.com/contact

If you do so, please include this email in your support ticket. You can delete your own text from the attached returned message.

DreamHost Email Support

xxxxx@hotmail.com: host mx2.hotmail.com[65.55.92.152] said: 550 OU-002
(SNT0-MC2-F34) Unfortunately, messages from 69.163.253.142 weren’t sent.
Please contact your Internet service provider since part of their network
is on our block list. You can also refer your provider to
http://mail.live.com/mail/troubleshooting.aspx#errors. (in reply to MAIL
FROM command)

Both AT&T and hotmail are now accepting my emails.