Mass E-mails in PHPbb

apps

I used the Mass E-mail funcation on my PHPbb site as a single registration for the site and newsletter, instead of having everyone sign-up for a new e-mail list. I was able to send a couple of e-mails out and now it stopped. I can still send individual e-mails, but not to all.

Any ideas?

Thanks,
David

Helping to build cooperation, coordination and community for Dulles Area Democrats.

David T. Pierpont
Reston
Director/Web Site Manager
David.Pierpont@DullesAreaDemocrats.org

We do not allow the use of our shared hosting servers to send out mass mailings. You must use our announcment list feature located at:

https://panel.dreamhost.com/index.cgi?tree=mail.list&

Thanks!
Kelly

Helping to build cooperation, coordination and community for Dulles Area Democrats.

David T. Pierpont
Reston

Ugh!

Guys you need to say that stuff up front on the one-click installs…I just switched everyone over from the Announce list. I am going to lose a lot of members or at a minimum really irritate them. Not to mention you are creating a double subscription issue for these kinds of site. Harder to manager and annoying to the user. I would be all for it if you had a script that allowed for single user log-in and registration and the announce system was better. I left it because it was causing me problems in addition, to double registration.

This is going to affect several sites me and others own to the point of maybe being forced to move away from the Hosting company we love so much. Community building is where the internet is going to be. We need more support and tools for that purpose.

Please help!!!

Dave

David T. Pierpont
Reston

Batching it by less than 40 or so emails per message should work. There is some discussion of this in the “archives”.

this is not true, I also wasn’t able to send announcements using the default mail function in phpbb (go to configuration, u’ll see). However, switching it to smtp server and putting in your dreamhost log/pass seems to be working. Tell me if this works :slight_smile:

It seems I can’t do this either. I’m getting this error:

General Error
Ran into problems sending Mail. Response: 535 Error: authentication failed

DEBUG MODE

Line : 131
File : smtp.php

I checked to see if my log-in was correct and it is all correct.

Ideas?

David T. Pierpont
Reston