Masking or cloaking googledrive website

Hi there,

I’ve recently been hard-coding a website for a guy I know, and I have been struggling to mask the horrible google drive link that shows in the bar of his domain with DreamHost. I’m using google drive to host the website itself, but I was able to forward and mask the domain using GoDaddy so that the name that shows in the address bar is the domain bought from said site. I realise that this question has been asked a lot of times, but the answers seem slightly confusing to me and none seem to address google drive.

To reiterate, I want to know how to mask the google drive website with the Dreamhost domain name, thereby showing the dreamhost domain in the address bar instead of the google one.

You could frame it. Not sure G would appreciate it though.

Google’s web properties do not generally permit framing. I don’t know if Google Drive is an exception, but I doubt it.

You will probably either need to live with the weird domain name, or figure out another way to host your site. If you need hosting for static content, may I recommend our DreamObjects service?

Hmmm Ok didn’t know that, I’ll have to find alternatives. Thanks for the help :slight_smile: