Manual Install - Joomla 3.1.5 using Google Chrome

apps

I just want to report that when utilizing Google Chrome to configure and install Joomla 3.1.5. The process hangs immediately once all configuration parameters are provided and when the installation is about to kick-off.

The page with a list of what steps the installation process is running is rendered but there is no visual queue (e.g. no indicator that a browser is processing responses from a script or server, etc.) that a process is actually kicked off.

I even did this with the solution provided by Dallas Hicks from his post to another thread to change the Engine=InnoDB to Engine=MyIsam to prevent the time-out error without success. Joomla 3.1.1 hangs on Database install

I am currently attempting the installation using IE 10 at the moment and will provide an update as soon as I get a response from the installation since it is in between Step 2 and Step 3 which I presume it is creating the DB.

Okay I was able to install successfully using IE 10. Not sure what the issue is with Chrome but I wasn’t able to complete the process earlier. Does anyone else have the same problem when using Chrome?