Malware on my Wordpress site

wordpress

Hi,

I noticed in the source code of my WP install the following script in the head section :

<script type='text/javascript'>function si_contact_captcha_refresh(form_num,type,securimage_url,securimage_show_url){var chars="0123456789ABCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTUVWXTZabcdefghiklmnopqrstuvwxyz";var string_length=16;var prefix='';for(var i=0;i<string_length;i++){var rnum=Math.floor(Math.random()*chars.length);prefix+=chars.substring(rnum,rnum+1);} document.getElementById('si_code_ctf_'+form_num).value=prefix;var si_image_ctf=securimage_show_url+prefix;document.getElementById('si_image_ctf'+form_num).src=si_image_ctf;if(type=='flash'){var si_flash_ctf_url=securimage_url+'/securimage_play.swf?prefix='+prefix+'&bgColor1=#8E9CB6&bgColor2=#fff&iconColor=#000&roundedCorner=5&audio='+securimage_url+'/securimage_play.php?prefix='+prefix;var si_flash_ctf='<object type="application/x-shockwave-flash" data="'+si_flash_ctf_url+'" id="SecurImage_as3_'+form_num+'" width="19" height="19">';si_flash_ctf+='<param name="allowScriptAccess" value="sameDomain" />';si_flash_ctf+='<param name="allowFullScreen" value="false" />';si_flash_ctf+='<param name="movie" value="'+si_flash_ctf_url+'" />';si_flash_ctf+='<param name="quality" value="high" />';si_flash_ctf+='<param name="bgcolor" value="#ffffff" />';si_flash_ctf+='</object>';document.getElementById('si_flash_ctf'+form_num).innerHTML=si_flash_ctf;return false;}else{var si_aud_ctf=securimage_url+'/securimage_play.php?prefix='+prefix;document.getElementById('si_aud_ctf'+form_num).href=si_aud_ctf;}}</script>

ANyone have an idea how to remove it?

Thanks!

I’m not sure that’s malware. From the names I see, it seems more likely that it’s part of the Securimage-WP plugin.

I dont have such plugin installed.

Also image names are somehow changed: wp-content/uploads/2010/10/90x171xzantrex3.jpg.pagespeed.ic.Ogw1PKIHVi.jpg[hr]
Oops, does this .pagespeed sufix has anything to do with “Page speed optimization” check in Dreamhost admin panel?

Yes, the weird image names are Page Speed Optimization (mod_pagespeed) doing its thing.

As far as the Javascript goes, I’m still pretty certain that this is related to some sort of CAPTCHA plugin you’ve installed.

Yes, it must be contact form plugin. I disabled it and the JS is gone now.

Thanks for your help!