Making SQL Backups

wordpress

Is there any way i could make a sql database backup just to make me feel secure with myself, just incase if anything ever goes wrong. I have found a old post dated almost 2 years back saying that databases would never currupt unless some other stuff i didnt understand happens. But on the last host, this site im putting up, that host said something in the database went currupt. And if i cant make a backup of the database, do you guys make daily/weekly/monthly backups automattically?

See “backup and restore” at http://www.tamba2.org.uk/wordpress/. I know it’s for WordPress, but the same principles apply.

MacManX.com
I don’t work here. I’m just your typical support forum volunteer.

well i followed those instructions, clicked go, waited over 5 mins for a download to start, and nothing. I’ve tried this before and still i get the same result.

Then it sounds like you either have problems with your MySQL database or your MySQL server. I follow the same procedures once a week.

MacManX.com
I don’t work here. I’m just your typical support forum volunteer.

I use firefox primarily. But when i went and tried it with MSIE, it just took me to a page cannot be displayed. BAH! nothing ever wants to work for me :frowning:

i use php scripts to make backups. You can either pick

"send to email"
ftp
or download directly

GottaDeal.com Deals & Coupon Codes. Why Pay Retail?