Making blog my front page

I’m quite certain I’m staring right at the answers to my question, but I can’t seem to figure it out for the life of me. I did the advanced install of WordPress, set the template, and have posted content to the blog part of my site, which other people can access using *****.com/blog. I simply cannot for the life of me figure out how to make the main page of the blog be what’s shown when my URL by itself is typed into a browser. I did find the quickstart.html file in my FTP, but I don’t see anywhere that I can delete it, and my cluelessness is showing as to how to point the URL to the *****.com/blog page.

Any pointers or help would be greatly appreciated. I’m convinced I’m simply not using the correct keywords in the help/Wiki, and I’m missing something simple and totally obvious.

By putting it in /blog, it won’t be the front page. Either move everything up one directory, or tell the webserver that your site is in /blog

FTP can move everything up, but it’s cumbersome. I recommend going to the DreamHost panel for Manage Domains and click Edit for your Fully Hosted domain. In there is the Website directory, which is /home/USER/DOMAIN.com and just add on a /blog

Make sure you go into WordPress wp-admin for General Settings and change the URL for your site so it no longer thinks it’s at /blog.

It took me a while to figure it out, but I finally got it. Thanks for your help!