Mailman archives not updating

I manage several mailman discussion lists hosted at dreamhost. The archives for one list have not updated since January 15, 2015, and the other list archives are not accessible at all. The lists themselves appear to be working and are quite active.

I created a trouble ticket but weeks go by without result. Most recently (March 1st) I asked support what was going on, and after profusely apologizing that they were busy, they said that my problems were due to a “data migration problem”. Since then another 17 days have gone by.

Is it normal for things at dreamhost to be broken for so long? I am a bit puzzled that I don’t see anyone else complaining about mailman. Unfortunately other than configuring mailman, this problem is outside my control. Is anyone else having mailman problems or know about a data migration issue?

Hi TWegner,

We apologize for the delays and lack of communication regarding this issue. This is related to a system-wide issue we’re experiencing and we have an active team working to resolve it. It certainly is not normal for an issue to go on for so long, however our team has been working on it around the clock for weeks. The migration to a new system has hit many bumps in the road but our admins are working to make sure we get to the end of it as quickly as possible with no data loss. Those with a support ticket out on the issue will be kept updated via email. We apologize for any inconvenience this has caused you, and appreciate your understanding.

Please let us know if there is anything else we can help you with.

Thank you!

Amy

A bit late, but yes, we had the same problem. It did eventually get fixed, but we had to chase DH and remind them a couple of times.