Mailing Lists - Anonymous "to" field

How do I set up my mailing list to reflect an anonymous “to” field or at the very least showing the “to” and “from” address as my own?

From what I understand the “to” field shows whichever individual is receiving the email and that no other email addresses (other members) would show.

Privacy is paramount at my mailing list.

Thank you.

Isabelle

http://www.visisoul.com

Why don’t you want it to have the recipient’s address in the ‘To’ field? The message will have their address and only their address, so I don’t see how privacy is an issue.

you are right, privacy is not an issue in that case. :slight_smile:

still, i would prefer having an “anonymous” address or my address showing in the “to” field.

isabelle. :slight_smile:

Visisoul: Promotion Through Multimedia

For announcement lists, I don’t believe there’s a way to do this currently.

Be aware that one common form of spam filtering is to set up filtering rules to reject messages that don’t have your own email address in the “To” field. Thus, it’s not a good idea to purposely leave this out; it will likely get your messages filtered by some recipients. True, the recipient can put in special exceptions for mailing lists he’s on (since a lot of mailing list software doesn’t put the recipient’s individual address on the message), but that’s extra work for the recipient, and he/she might miss some messages until an exception is added for your list.

– Dan

Hi Dan,

Thanks for your advice - much appreciated!

Isabelle

Hi Wil,

Thanks for replying to my post. :slight_smile:

Isabelle