Mail server down?

Is anyone else on the mail server spork having difficulties receiving mail?

thanks
dom

what kind of problems?

I’m on Sack and having problems… which dreamhost can’t dupicate.

Hi Domenica,

I can receive incoming mails but I have been unable to send outgoing messages through my SMTP mail server all this day since this morning (France time).
I’m particularly concerned and came to this forum in order to check whether other people experienced the same trouble.

Hope DH people will restore the servers in good working order.

Best regards to all.

Patrick

I have three clients on spork, I know two are having difficulties. the third has not contacted me about any mail issues. UPDATE: the third client just called and cannot receive or send emails. All three cannot receive or send emails.

Webmail seems to work, as does the forwarders I have set up for them to other email addys.

I did set up my own dreamhost email account on their computers, to see if it was their system, but that worked. So, it seems to only be on spork accounts these clients are on.

I am sending in a support ticket on this now.

I’m having the same problem.

Can get mail but can’t send. Outlook responds with

Task ‘mail.mydataz.com - Sending and Receiving’ reported error (0x8004210A) : ‘The operation timed out waiting for a response from the receiving (POP) server. If you continue to receive this message, contact your server administrator or Internet service provider (ISP).’

I can however login with squirlmail.

OK. Everything seems all right by now. I was contacted by Brian S. from DH Support Team who advised me to change the setting for SMTP port from 25 to 587 in MS Outlook and I was able to send emails again.
I must say I contacted DH support by separate mail from their Web form. I appreciate their dedication, concern, and responsiveness.

Best regards.

thanks for the info. I will change my clients over and see what happens.

dom

Me too. What sort of problems are you having?