Mail problems

I’ve setup a few test emails, and for some reason a user claims that he can’t login to view his mail, but when I login, I can login just fine, and have sent a test email, and it seems to be working fine.

He says he can only login to his mailbox settings, but not his actual mail.

When I try to login with another test account, I can login to view my mail just fine, but when I try to login to change my mailbox settings, I get an INVALID LOGIN.

So why are the accounts half working???

Thanks in advance!

How long ago were the email accounts created? I’ve seen this before but only with new email accounts, initially webmail doesn’t work, but after a few hours things begin to work correctly.

Hot Product Directory | Get Around The Net Directory

i created the email… a few minutes ago!

could this be why? but why does it work on my end, but not his? I’m in the US, he’s from Finland, could it be an ISP problem, where his ISP just needs some extra time to take the changes?

How long has your domain been registered for, if the domain being used is also new, the domain could still be propagating across the Internet, this would explain why it works in the U.S but not in Finland.

the domain has been registered for quite a while now, but I had it setup at godaddy, and just a few days ago transfered my domain here. The transfer was initiated on the 12th of this month, and still hasn’t been approved. (i’ve also been hosting here at dreamhost since the 12, so my site is fairly new here, but I was hosting someplace else before the switch)

but why can the user access my domain name fine, but is just having trouble with the email? does the email USERNAME@domainname.com need time to propagate as well?

Forgive me, as the user is able to access the domain its not a propagation problem, after re-reading your original post I now realize this, I’m at a loss to explain why your user can login to the mailbox setup, but not the web mail itself. It could be something as simple as having javascript disabled in their browser.

[quote]I’ve setup a few test emails, and for some reason a user claims that he can’t login to view his mail, but when I login, I can login just fine, and have sent a test email, and it seems to be working fine.

He says he can only login to his mailbox settings, but not his actual mail.[/quote]
I’ve had similar problems. While I can usually send and receive mail via Outlook without trouble, sometimes it will receive but not send. When I try to go into my webmail to reply from there, it tells me that I have to log in in order to use it, although I am using the correct email/username and password, and am able to access my mailbox settings.

Then, when I contact tech support, they tell me that they aren’t having any trouble accessing my webmail.

A few hours later, everything starts working again, but only to reoccur periodically.

thanks for all your replies and answers! I really appreciate it.