Mail problem

I’m getting the following message back from “System Administrator” when I try to REPLY to a certain address (any address at that domain actually)…

Your message did not reach some or all of the intended recipients.

Subject: RE: whatevah
Sent: 3/28/2003 11:28 AM

The following recipient(s) could not be reached:

‘john@doe.cc’ on 3/28/2003 11:28 AM
554 john@doe.cc: Recipient address rejected: Relay access denied

These messages back have no internet headers that I can see, I can’t tell where they came from. Does this mean it’s coming from my system (Outlook 2002 v10 SP1)?! I would think so by lack of headers but Outlook will send the mail, then next time it checks the mail it will bring this message back.

The account is set up as IMAP and it’s using my DH SMTP server.

Thanks for any help, this is getting frustrating

[color=#0000CC]jason[/color]

Is ‘john@doe.cc’ the actual address?

Are you sure you’re using mail.example.com (where example.com is one of your domains) for outgoing mail and not your ISP’s mail server? This doesn’t look like a bounce from one of our mail servers. I haven’t really used Outhouse or Outhouse Distress, so I’m not sure, but I can’t imagine why you’d be getting a “bounce” message from the program itself.

We were having some problems with SMTP authentication this morning - this might have resulted in the problem you were experiencing - is the problem fixed now, and is it intermittent or constant? Is the problem only with this address?

Anyway, if you’re still having this problem, please write support (you can tell them to pass it on to me) with the actual address you’re trying to send to, the time you had a problem, the exact bounce message, and the exact settings you’re using in Outlook.

the full version of Outhouse wipes ass! Er, kicks ass! yeah. Silly unix monkey :stuck_out_tongue:

yeah actually it was mail.mydomain.com as the SMTP server. If I use my ISP’s it works.

It’s happening now on anything I reply to, not just that one address/domain, I thought it may have had something to do with the .CC domain (no not really john@doe.cc).

I can forward the same mail out of my sent items fine, can’t reply out of the inbox…

Craig Noogie(CNoogie@whatever.com) on 4/2/2003 1:53 PM
554 CNoogie@whatever.com: Recipient address rejected: Relay access denied

Surely this is an Outlook or antivrus thing but I may end up in support yet. Thanks for the help and the M$ pseudonyms.

Was it working before (up until recently)? Are you sure you have SMTP authentication enabled in your settings? You have to specifically go enable this for the account if you haven’t already.

If using your ISP’s SMTP server works, you may simply want to use that.

yessir, I changed over to DH SMTP when I was having a brief problem with my ISP’s and forgot to change it back. I think the cuplrit may have been the authentication as I, wasn’t :wink:

Appears to be working now.