Mail filters don't seem to work at all?


#1

So I had another thread asking about regex, but after some testing it seems to me that mail filters looking in headers do not work at all, period.

After trying a half dozen other things that didn’t work, I put a test filter in to the effect “if headers contain ‘mydomain’ add TESTTEST to subject and stop”.

This should match ALL my emails obviously, and put that prefix on every email I receive for a while, but it does absolutely nothing. Emails just come through completely untouched.

Are mail filters completely unfunctional? Is this completely broken?


#2

I am thinking they are. I also have noticed that spam filters seem to be nonfunctional. I’ve not had a single message flagged as spam since the change to Atmail.


#3

Sorry I should have updated this post. It was a REGEX problem. I finally put in a ticket and support was helpful and pointed me in the right direction.

Basically my problem was - if you don’t prefix your search with a regex “.” then it won’t find anything unless it’s at the start of a line (i.e. it’s line-by-line matching). I couldn’t tell if it was real rules regex or something simpler more friendly to the non-Unix-sysadmin, but it’s not - its full featured regex for all the pros and cons there.

After fiddling I now have my search working fine, but be aware it’s a tricky one. BTW from the description on that page it does seem to imply the regex “.” issue only applies to the Header searches, so maybe it works as a ‘user friendly syntax’ unless you’re using headers…


#4

I wish you could find your awnser in this topic: https://discussion.dreamhost.com/thread-147396.html
There is too much problems with atmail and spam filters.


#5

thank you for following up with the solution on the forum, glad to read that Support was able to solve the issue.