Magic Quotes

I’m trying to load the Dolphin community site to my DH account. Dolphin requires that get_magic_quotes_gpc be enabled to install their software and it looks as if this is something they have moved TO in their latest software version.

In reading about it here at DH, it looks as if I need to load my own PHP or rewrite my PHP.ini file. Reading the comments put this over my head.

I’m not a programmer by any means but I’m fairly competent in getting around DH and my blogs and stuff. I need to know how to enable the magic quotes. Can anyone help me figure this one out?

You’ll need to customise your environment to get at your own php.ini - once you’ve done that, you’ll have a php.ini file in your domain’s cgi-bin folder. Then all you need to do is - using an ftp prgram - edit the following line within your php.ini

; Magic quotes for incoming GET/POST/Cookie data. magic_quotes_gpc = Off(just change “Off” to “On”).

Maximum Cash Discount on any plan with MAXCASH

How To Install PHP.INI / ionCube on DreamHost

Hey, thanks for your help and insight.

so, I guess the next question is how to customize my environment. I’m comfortable with the FTP program and editing the php.ini, but have no idea where to begin to customize the environment. Is there something simple that can reload or do that will generate this and I suppose this is done from the DH side, correct?

You can follow the Wiki instructions, or use an autoinstaller which many find easier (link below).

Maximum Cash Discount on any plan with MAXCASH

How To Install PHP.INI / ionCube on DreamHost