Mac user help

software development

I need the help of Mac users! I’m running some tests on various ways to embed media objects, and I have no way of checking certain browser/OS combinations. Would an IE5/Mac and a Safari user check whether or not they can see Flash on this test page please? It needs JavaScript to be enabled.

Also, does anyone know of a reliable JavaScript object detection method for sniffing out Safari?

Simon Jessey | Keystone Websites
Save $97 on yearly plans with promo code [color=#CC0000]SCJESSEY97[/color]

Do you know BrowserCam?

I’ve used their free trial a couple of times and it’s really quite handy…

[color=#000000]DreamHost Promo Code[/color]: [color=#CC0000]Save $50[/color] with the promo code DREAMTEAM

Yeah, I used to have an account with them. I also use iCapture. Unfortunately though, they aren’t much use with media objects that take a moment or two to appear, especially when I’m also interested in their behavior.

In case anyone thinks this is a big deal, it isn’t. I just need to know if the Flash movie can be seen, and that there aren’t any goofy messages or something. It’d take about 10 seconds of your time to check for me.

I tested it, it worked in safari.

Yay! Thank you for your assistance.

I see no flash on my mac…ie 5.1 OS9.2.2

Only See…

Create Object with DOM

innerHTML was used.

I’ll check it out in IE on my other mac…OSX 10.3.9 and get back to you.

No, it doesn’t work with IE on OSX…but does work in Safari on OSX

[quote]I see no flash on my mac…ie 5.1 OS9.2.2

No, it doesn’t work with IE on OSX…but does work in Safari on OSX[/quote]
Okay, so it works in Safari, but not in IE5/Mac. That pretty much confirms what I thought. The page is designed to use DOM scripting where possible, and then fallback to using innerHTML otherwise; however, it seems that neither technique will work with IE5/Mac. That leaves only the dreaded document.write if I want to continue using JavaScript.

Thank you very much for checking for me.