Login SSH

Dear dreamhost,

Please see my image (attachment)
i can login to whopper.dreamhost.com but when login and see text “all activity may be logged by DreamHost web hosting” my putty is gone and than i must open putty program again but putty gone again, i try use winscp but that always same.

can you help me?

thank you

Do you have shell access enabled for the user?

Users -> Manage Users, then edit the user that you’re trying to login with. Make sure user account type is set to “Shell account - allows FTP plus ssh/telnet access.”

If that doesn’t help, maybe Putty will tell you more if you click “Never” for “Close window on exit.”

:stuck_out_tongue: Maximum savings promo code: MaxSavingsAtDH

Just FYI, this is NOT an official method of contacting DreamHost or their support staff. We are all customers here, just as you are.

That said, hopefully seiler’s advice will resolve your issue :wink:

Chips N Cheese - Custom PHP installs and the like!

configure putty to no close on exit… better one you have your user configured to use shell? or ftp only if is the latter you need to enable shell access…

use VIC3M for a 70USD discount on all plans (except monthly payments) +10% on storage and bandwith.

Thank you for your help :slight_smile:
i can login now

this forum very helpfull i like it

thank you guys

You’re welcome.

And if you see someone you can help, jump in! We can always use more helpers! Just make sure you’re right or rlparker will make you feel this ->.<- big. (grin)

Wholly - Use promo code WhollyMindless for full 97$ credit. Let me know if you want something else!

Hey, I’ve learned to live in the shadow of greatness with no loss of self esteem. Everyone else should too!

Free unique IP and $67 off with code [color=#CC0000]LMIP67[/color] or use [color=#CC0000]LM97[/color] for $97 off. Click for other Dreamhost coupons / promo codes

“->.<-”

His posts will often make others physically LOOK that way too… the man is NOT lazy with the keys!

“Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it’s time to pause and reflect.” - Mark Twain

Absolutely! In the words of esr Given enough eyeballs, all bugs are shallow.'' I dub this:Linus’s Law’’.

Ouch! :slight_smile:

–rlparker

You’ve made many of us smarter and helped people resolve days of trouble in just 5 minutes. It’s appreciated.

Wholly - Use promo code WhollyMindless for full 97$ credit. Let me know if you want something else!