Login.php loopback?

apps

I was using my phpbb 2.0.22 boards yesterday to post some news and such, everything was fine. Then, later in the evening, I tried to log in and I just get looped back to the login box. I’m thiking the php isn’t communicating with the database, but the connection configuration is correct. Thoughts and ideas for resolving?

• Customise your php.ini (see Wiki)

• Set register_long_arrays = ON

and here is the first thing you see on that WIKI page:

[color=#CC0000]“The instructions provided in this article or section are considered advanced.
You are expected to be knowledgeable in the UNIX shell.”
[/color]

now, since I am not knowledgeable at all with the UNIX shell, I am not touching this.

Well it’s your call. If you want me to do it for you I have 5 minutes spare. PM me, it’s np :wink:

This isn’t anything to do with phpBB or you.

If you read the Dreamhost status page comments:
http://tinyurl.com/2yqnh6 scroll to the bottom of page 3 and the top of page 4, you will see this issue is effecting all php based forums & blogs hosted with dreamhost.

Everyone’s worked early in the evening and went down at the same time. No one can log in and no one can post. It’s been 15 hours now & no response or actual post on the Status page about the issue from dreamhost yet.

The massive amount of fail in Diane’s post is almost overwhelming.

The good part is they just fixed whatever the problem is. At least for php. Our databases are up and running again as of 5 minutes ago.