Locked out of my account

Good afternoon!

Just to get it out of the way, I’ve submitted a message to Dreamhost via the general “contact us” page, but I haven’t received a response. I submitted it this morning, so I’m not complaining about the response time, I’m just wondering if there’s a more efficient way I can be handling this.

So, when I joined Dreamhost ages ago, I used an email address I no longer own. When I lost the email address, I changed my settings to my new email, and began receiving Dreamhost emails. However, the login ID stayed the old email, but I didn’t think anything of it.

Last night, my domain name lapsed and I went to go renew the registration (I could have set it up on auto-renew, but I’m never sure if I want to keep it or not, and it turns out I do this year). I tried to log in but my password wasn’t working. I went to get a password reset and it didn’t accept the new email. I figured, well, maybe it will send it to all the emails on the account then, and put in my old email. Nope, it only sent it there. Now, I can’t log in at all because I’m assuming they’ve flagged my password for a reset and I can’t get to the email to reset it. And, because I can’t log into my panel, I can’t submit a tech support ticket (I see the need for this, but it would be great to be able to submit a tech support ticket outside of my panel for this very reason).

I realize I should have taken precautions against this, but I didn’t expect it to happen. Is my only option to wait until Dreamhost gets back to me eventually? I’m not even sure they will even read the email and just send me instructions on how to do the reset password business.

So, uh…any help is greatly appreciated! :slight_smile:

You should be able to fill in http://dreamhost.com/contact/ and pick the ‘I’ve forgotten my password’ option.