List of available web editors?

Hey all,

I just signed up with Dreamhost and want to jump in feet first.
I have never set up a webpage let alone an entire site.

I have the Adobe Creative Suite and want to know if Dreamhost will accept a webite made in Adobe GoLive.

What other options do I have? Coldfusion? I would rather not learn Html right away and prefer some program thet lets me be creative and does the hard work for me.

I also have WS_FTP pro to upload with … hope I needed it as I just purchased it.

Any good sites out there to help a beginner? I’ve googled it and found many, just want to know where the good ones are.

Thanks alot for all the help!

GoLive should work fine, since it just produces HTML.

Coldfusion uses proprietary server commands that Dreamhost does NOT support, so you’re out of luck on that one.

Basically any html editor should be okay to use. You could write raw html in notepad, Macromedia Dreamweaver, or an open-source solution like NVU. There are many here that will debate the pros and cons of using a WYSIWYG (what you see is what you get) editor. Regardless of what you end up using, you will be well served by learning some basic HTML.

I know there are a lot of sites out there that help newbies. I can personally attest that HTML Goodies and Web Monkey were very helpful when I was teaching myself how to code for the web.

Thanks alot for the information. I guess that Im on the right track.

Gonna take your advice on learning some html and give it a go.

Thanks again!