Links not working and background image missing

I’ve just uploaded a website I made in dreamweaver to dreamhost. I hadn’t realised I could upload via dreamweaver itself and used FileZilla to upload. I have my index.html page as well as all the other .html pages in the root directory and everything else is in their appropriate folders. I can’t see why it doesn’t link to my other pages from the index page…I’m missing something really simple I’m sure.
I have searched the forum but have not been able to find the answer.
URL is www.gryphondesign.co.nz if that helps.
Thanks
Amanda

Links are case-sensitive. Your background image is being called as BackgroundwObjects1.jpg but your actual image is named Backgroundwobjects1.jpg

Change your link to gallery.html to http://www.gryphondesign.co.nz/Gallery.html

Works fine.

in general, it’s best to keep everything lowercase

By the way, Go AB!

Thanks Bobocat - I’ll change all those cases and add the extra parts to my links. Had it working so well in Dreamweaver - hadn’t quite gotten the hang of putting things on the web.

Yay ABs!!

OK I don’t know what I’ve done but I’ve somehow made it worse! Now I don’t get any of my images on the index page and still can’t link to any other pages.

www.gryphon.co.nz
[hr]
ok - seem to have gotten my links to work but no images and CSS seems all loopy too :frowning:

www.gryphon.co.nz

your links point here: /images/layout/backgroundwobjects1.jpg
your pictere is here: /images/Layout/Backgroundwobjects1.jpg

See the differences? You need to be consistent throughout. If you are using Dreamweaver, it ought to update everything for you when you make a change. I’m not sure as I’ve never used it. But make all of your changes then upload everything again fresh. That means, delete everything you have in there, assuming you have a static site and you are just starting out and don’t mind starting over.

if you are using Chrome or Firefox, hit F12 or install Firebug and you can see that a lot of your links give 404

Thanks
I’ll start again.