Link Automation?

apps

I want to build good quality reciprocal links. I was doing this by hand, searching and emailing each Webmaster and then insterting the text and link. I searched around for a solution and I am now struggling with WSN Links. However, it seems overly complex and the program loads very slowly. Is there a better option? I don’t need all the bells and whistles, I need simplicity. By the way, there was an interesting article in this weeks Economist about software needing to be easy to use rather than a showcase for what a programmer can do.

Additionally, I haven’t figured out how to make the link page less ugly. I have edited the wrapper.tpl somewhat, but it will take me a few days to get what I want: my links showing up at the bottom of home page in small type.

With WSN Links I can import links but I am not sure how that helps with automating any reciprocal arrangement.
Do I still have to visit each site manually, find the email address of the Webmaster and ask for a link on his or her site?

This is going to change soon but here is what it looks like now http:// www.easydesktopyoga.com/links/index.php

Try this site, they have tons of scripts that you can check out.

I’m playing with Link Directories now, found a few good scripts there.

Pays the school loan!

Thanks for the reply mcattack. So what makes a good script?
The technically good script for me would be simple and easy to use. But the bigger question is, is link automation a good idea to drive relevant traffic to your site? I have heard the argument that having your site listed on sites that are not relevant to your subject matter can hurt you. Right now I am manually linking sites in html and sending emails (one-at-a-time) to ask for a reciprocal link. No replies yet.

Well I don’t know what field you’re in, I do a lot of adult sites and in that industry, there are automated scripts called CJ scripts (CJ for Circle Jerk) and it’s basically a webring style that keeps the traffic internal to that network. You specify the type of traffic you want by niche and the more you send, the more you receive.

There are many other scripts out there for that, you could try them. But as far as I know, it’s better to use hardlinks if your goal is Search Engine optimization because the SE bots can’t read scripts very well.

You could use something like a toplist if that goes with your site. One that generates a new page every X minutes. This way the page itself is static with hardcoded links, and a background script would run and create a new page every X minutes or hours, or even days.

Pays the school loan!