Like some comments before I switch to DH

Hey guys,
I’ve heard many good things about DH and though I’ve been happy with my hosting company for almost a year now, lately I seem to be experiencing all kinds of problems with them - from excessive email spoofing, unable to connect to FTP, problem with my emails etc. They say itp;s my firewall but things is, I can access other FTP sites why not theirs? And I haven’t changed anything to my firewall or proxy so why the sudden problem when it has always been OK?

So I have a couple of questions before I sign up with DH:

Is there anything DH can do to reduce email spoofing? Can I actually get a demo password and login to see what the panel looks like (I am currently using cpanel)

If you mean is there anything DreamHost can do to reduce spammers spoofing your email addresses as the return address on their spam, then I’m afraid there is not much any host can do to reduce this. The best protection is to simply keep your email addresses from being harvested in the first place.

Well, its not really a demo log-in, but you can create an account without purchasing hosting using the link below, then log-in to the admin panel. However, without a hosting plan under the account, you won’t actually be able to do much in the panel.

https://panel.dreamhost.com/login/new.cgi?

Mark

Save [color=#CC0000]$50[/color] on DreamHost plans using [color=#CC0000]PRICESLASH[/color] promo code (Click for DreamHost promo code details)

DH features are really great, and there is a lot if bandwidth and space.

The only complaint i have is that it’s a bit “slow” from my european isp (250 KB/s. in Europe i download usually between 600KB/s and 1.6MB/s)

Get [color=#CC0000]$97[/color] Off with promo code :[color=#CC0000]97USA[/color] :cool: choose your plan (promo code included)

that is one thing I love about dreamhost, when something breaks or they screw up, they are honest about it, thats not too common in this industry.

Pay just [color=#CC0000]$22.40[/color] for 1 year Dreamhost hosting, use promo-code [color=#CC0000]MOJO97[/color]
Save [color=#CC0000]$97[/color] on all 1 and 2 year plans!! (Max saving on monthly plans too!!)

DH also guarantee 97 days money back. You can even register a domain and try the server. If it is not good, you can get full refund.

Note: the free domain (9.95) is not refundable. but you can register a free DH subdomain

Save [color=#CC0000]$97[/color] (max discount) on dreamhost plans by using promo code: [color=#CC0000]97CRAZY[/color].

The best protection is to simply keep your email addresses from being harvested in the first place.

What are some ways to do this? This is all new to me.

Only one way I know. Don’t have them. (grin)

It’s not uncommon to have “throwaway” addresses on gmail or hotmail to catch those kinds of things. If you want what’s sent to them, wade through the crap. But keep your primary address out of EVERYTHING. Only give it to your friends.

Wholly

That’s good advice, as is using ‘throwaway’ addresses anytime you are asked to enter an email on the net.

Also, personal experience has taught me that any email address used directly on a website will be harvested almost immediately and attract a mountain of spam. It is wise in such situations to use a contact form and/or a small javascript function to mask the address.

Mark

Save [color=#CC0000]$50[/color] on DreamHost plans using [color=#CC0000]PRICESLASH[/color] promo code (Click for DreamHost promo code details)

I just don’t go to those kinds of sites. (j/k)

Wholly