Legal or not?

Hello people

I want to start a site like imageshack and i want to now if i can in this hosting

only that

thx

ebocic

Sure, as long as there are no copyright violations.

-Scott

Keep in mind you’re responsible for whatever people upload to your account :wink:

Maximum Cash Discount on any plan with MAXCASH

How To Install PHP.INI / ionCube on DreamHost

http://www.dreamhost.com/unlimited.html

What’s not allowed in “Unlimited”?

Basically, sites whose essential purpose is to use disk or bandwidth.

When making a website, you should be thinking about “How can I make an interesting site for my visitors while minimizing my server storage, bandwidth, file system, memory, and cpu impact as much as possible?”

The result will be a better experience for your visitors, your web host, and yourself!

Here are some specific examples of things not allowed:

• Copyrighted content you are not the copyright holder of.
    ****** File upload / sharing / archive / backup / mirroring / distribution sites.
  • A site created primarily to drive traffic to another site.
  • Making your account resources available (whether for free or pay) to the general public

Some accounts aren’t on “Unlimited” plans :wink:

mine is :stuck_out_tongue:

well am gonna have to think in other place to put my website :stuck_out_tongue:

thanks people.

:slight_smile:

What is it that’s stopping you from hosting it here? The Unlimited plan isn’t so different from a regular plan.

-Scott

The TOS is different for the newer Unlimited plans. I’d think it’s to stop new players from using their webhosting service as a bottomless public filesharing repository like photobucket, imageshack, rapidshare, megaupload, etc.

I hadn’t realized that old Unlimited plans have different TOS from new Unlimited plans. I thought they’ve been refining the TOS for Unlimited which applies to all Unlimited accounts. TOS is updated every time you renew, unless, I suppose, the update favors the user.

-Scott

Dunno mate. I haven’t upgraded (for free) to the new whizzbang unlimited plan. I’m not running any type of filesharing service so it matters not to me, but I can understand why they’d have a proviso against such sites on unlimited space and bandwidth plans.