Latest One-Click PHPBB3 upgrade

apps

Just a heads-up on this one about a problem I just encountered.

: “After upgrading you need to visit this URL to update your DB: http://www.domain.com/forum/install/database_update.php

Upon running the upgrade on a handful of forums, the script had apparently zero’d the config.php in both the upgraded directories and the backup .old directories it created, thus making PHPBB3 think it was performing a fresh installation and not giving an option to upgrade the currently existing database by following the above instruction.

This may have been an intermittent glitch local to my account (I won’t know until Support get back to me) but just in case, make sure you backup your original config.php file and if you receive errors after following the upgrade instructions, upload your config.php overwriting the zero’d one in your new forum directory and then browse to the database upgrade link.

Maximum Cash Discount on any plan with MAXCASH

How To Install PHP.INI / ionCube on DreamHost

That didn’t happen with either of mine. But it was an odd upgrade process.

-Scott

Here’s the response I received from Support:

[quote]I checked all of your phpbb installations and it appears that you have resolved this issue on your own. You are correct, this issue is caused by a bug with the phpbb upgrader. Basically, when it does the upgrade, it would overwrite your existing config.php file with an empty one. And yes, for some reason it does this before the backup to .old so the config.php file in that directory would be empty also. I have an open bug report with our developer on this issue so this can be fixed.

Thanks!
Robert P[/quote]
As usual, the team are getting right on it :slight_smile:

Maximum Cash Discount on any plan with MAXCASH

How To Install PHP.INI / ionCube on DreamHost