Krackle

Is it just me, or is Krackle a mess tonight? It’s always really slow, but something is going on tonight and it’s like the thing is running at 99% cpu or something constantly. Shell command requests are taking almost a minute as well as http requests to my website…

sigh …this sucks.

Do an ‘uptime’ on the server and send that info to support. Load averages above 3 is BAD. 2 is bad as well, but these servers seem to like to run hot.

Ideal is under 1.

yerba# rm -rf /etc
yerba#

This is it right now:

21:37:41 up 3 days, 23:13, 7 users, load average: 5.26, 7.33, 4.92

…and right now it’s actually running about as good as it ever gets… (ie, it’s not as bad as it was earlier this evening).

I’m seeing similar problems on vine at the moment, last months uptime was 100%, this month I’ve had 6 outages with the downtime down to 99.304%, while not the end of the world, it would appear someone is running a dodgy script on vine of late, a few days ago I went and checked the load averages because my sites were down and they were up around 300. :open_mouth: Of course the server crashed soon after. This has occured a few times in the last week.

Hopefully it isn’t a sign of things to come since the cpu restrictions have been lifted, while I think most people won’t go nuts with scripts there is always someone that will try to take advantage of the situation.

Web Hosting Reviews | Shonky’s Blog | Hot Product Directory