Knowledgetree running slowly

apps

Hi folks. I’ve been noticing that a copy of the document sharing programme Knowledgetree (KT) is running very slowly on Dreamhost. The other applications we’re using seem to be running fine, but in KT it takes around 2 seconds to load a page - it should reallly take about 0.5 seconds, according to discussions on the Knowledgetree forums.
We’ve tested it on different computers, browsers and from different locations - always slow.

I’ve emailed support, but they say that it looks fine to them, and suggest that we might be on slow connections.

I suspect some sort of php or mysql issue, but I don’t know enough to make a judgement. Or could it be a memory issue?

I spotted another thread discussing it but there didn’t seem to be a conclusion to it. (http://discussion.dreamhost.com/showthreaded.pl?Cat=0&Board=3rdparty&Number=56325)

Any advice welcome!

Thanks

Dave

anyone?

Could it be related to the NFS mounting of our filesystems? That’s been an issue retarding top performing Gallery 2 hosting.

Free unique IP and $67 off with code [color=#CC0000]LMIP67[/color] or use [color=#CC0000]LM97[/color] for $97 off. Click for more promo code discounts

Gosh, I don’t know, I’d be hoping someone could tell me!

Is that in the optimal case where your server is caching the compiled PHP byte codes?

Free unique IP and $67 off with code [color=#CC0000]LMIP67[/color] or use [color=#CC0000]LM97[/color] for $97 off. Click for more promo code discounts