Just Installed WordPress, but my site's not found

I just installed WordPress (the advanced setting), and I received my confirmation email saying that it was successfully installed onto my site. It says "Now… create an admin user at “www.mydomain.com/wp-admin/import.php” I click on it, and it says “cannot find server.” The same thing happens when I try to just go to my website. What did I do wrong? I’m totally stuck!

Thanks for any help you can give!

If you just added your domain to DreamHost, it may take up to a few days to propagate. In the mean time, I suggest you create a DreamHosters mirror so you can get started. In the Panel, go to Domains -> Manage Domains and click the Add a New Domain link at the top. Make it a Mirror and call it something like margrun.dreamhosters.com and have it mirror your example.com site where WordPress is. This should go live pretty quickly and give you access while you wait for your domain to be accessible. Once your site is live, you can delete that mirror.

Here’s an article with other options:

Much obliged for the quick reply. I added my domain to Dreamhost two days ago, and installed WordPress a few hours ago. How long does it usually take to propagate? I just want to know when to worry that I’ve done something wrong somewhere along the way.

Thanks again for taking pity on a poor new blogger!

It should be reachable any minute now…(tapping foot).

While you’re waiting, you can run a DNS test and see if your domain shows up: