Just a few Questions ^^

Hi,

I’m really wanting to sign up for the “Crazy Domain Insane” package and just want a few queries cleared up before it’s all GO GO GO.

1. I’m using a mates credit card to sign up for the year but after the year is up is it okay to change the billing to International Money Order (through Western Union)?

2. She may want to sign up to and will it affect her in anyway for using the same credit card? She’d be a new customer too. :smiley:

3. I’m still a little confused on the subdomain issue. So I can only have 5 of whatever.domainname.com? Not 15?

4. I’m wondering if I can have an mp3/mv/pv rotation site on my domain? Is that allowed? I noticed that there was a domain hosted by dreamhost.com that hosts mp3’s… because I’m thinking I won’t even make a dint in the space/bandwith consumption.

5. Having 3 fully hosted domains on one package - do they all have webpanel then?

6. I’m planning on hosting some scanlations as well of unlicensed manga. Would that be alright?

I think that’s all I have for now. I’m pretty sure I had more questions but my stomachs calling me to eat… :stuck_out_tongue: I’ll be back later :smiley:

Thanks,

Isabel

^ That’s me!
I forgot to ask whether the 777 code still works? As in does it apply this month.
Sorry, I know it gets annoying when people continuously ask but I’m just confirming it. :stuck_out_tongue: I’ve been reading the threads dating back to maybe October last year… and they do talk about it but I’m always making sure…wheeew

Thanks again~

G’day, Isabel.

1. Yes.
  2. Yes.
  3. You get five subdomains per fully hosted domain; on CDI you are allowed 3 fully hosted domains, so 3 x 5 = 15.
  4. Not sure about this one - there might be legal issues (copyright violation?)
  5. Yes, I think so.
  6. See #4 and also refer to the Terms of Service document, particularly the ‘Lawful Purpose’ section.
  7. Not sure - does anyone else know? Anyhow, if you get asked for a promotion code, just enter 777 and hope for the best!
    All the best,
    marsbar

To fill in a few bits:
2. If she registers with the same credit card then it won’t be regarded as a new customer. This only means that nobody will get a referral bonus, but it’s worth mentioning.
3. You can in fact have a total of three domains and fifteen subdomains, even if the subs are all on the same domain. It’s just that you get 5 subs per domain into your pool, so if you buy another domain as add-on you get five subs more. But you can still use these under the same domain as the other fifteen.
4. Copyright?
5. Yes, you will be able to control all of them through the same panel.
6. Copyright?
7. don’t know.

TorbenGB
Try out DreamHost with a free WebIDPrices, options

Thanks for your help Marsbar and TorbenGB!
I just signed up so hopefully my account becomes activated soon because I’m really excited.
The promo code still works. :smiley:

Ta~