Junk mail settings and forwarding

Hi,

I have a lot of forwarding within my domains (that is, I may be mariano@, absatz@, mariano.absatz@ and baby@, however, all of them point to one of them, say baby@).

I noticed that some flagrant spam was gladly passing thru and not beeing quarantined although I have the settings so that spam is quarantined at a 4 score in the actual mailbox… I read http://wiki.dreamhost.com/Junk_Mail#How_Junk_Mail_works_on_primary_addresses_and_forwards and it says that all forwarding addresses (that don’t also get forwarded outside) inherit the actual mailbox spam settings…

After closer examination I noticed this:

I had forwarding set as:

mariano@mydomain.com mariano.absatz@mydomain.com absatz@mydomain.com mariano.absatz@mydomain.com mariano.absatz@mydomain.com baby@mydomain.com So this is something like

[code]
mariano@mydomain.com absatz@mydomain.com

| |
| |
±-----------±-----------+
|
V

mariano.absatz@mydomain.com

|
|
|
V

baby@mydomain.com (actual mailbox)

[/code][color=#00CC00](don’t you love ASCII art?)[/color] :slight_smile:
[color=#CC0000](don’t you hate that the [pre ] pseudo-tags don’t display in monospace font? what is its purpose, then?)[/color] :@

Now, back to the point, wenever I got a mail to either baby@mydomain.com or mariano.absatz@mydomain.com, it got the right junk filter settings (tagged_above=-999 required=4), but messages to mariano@mydomain.com or absatz@mydomain.com (2 forwardings away from the actual mailbox) got the default (wrong) junk filter settings (tagged_above=-999 required=999).

Is this a bug? or a feature?

[color=#0000CC]Mariano Absatz[/color] - “[color=#6600CC]el baby[/color]”

[color=#00CC00]Message transmitted on 100% recycled electrons[/color]