Joomla

When I go to www.articles.buggynews.com this Joomla screen comes up and says:Joomla!
Buggynews Mini Buggy and Go Kart Articles
For your security please completely remove the installation directory including all files and sub-folders - then refresh this page.

Can someone tell me why this is happening and how I can fix it?

Thank you!

[quote]When I go to www.articles.buggynews.com this Joomla screen comes up and says:Joomla!
Buggynews Mini Buggy and Go Kart Articles
For your security please completely remove the installation directory including all files and sub-folders - then refresh this page.

Can someone tell me why this is happening and how I can fix it?[/quote]
There is a folder called “installation” that should be removed from your Joomla installation directory. You can remove it through ftp by using your ftp client or web ftp client that you can access from your panel. Or if you are familiar with Linux shell command than you can use a SSH client.

Dino
Get YOUR $97 off on yearly plan with [color=#CC0000]YOUGET97 [/color] promo code. Sign Up NOW

Thanks for the quick reply. I can’t access that through my admin panel. What will happen when I use my ftp client and remove the installation file?

That is correct; you will not be able to delete that directory via the Joomla! admin panel or the DreamHost Control Panel (I’m not sure which one you meant). :wink:

When you connect via an FTP client and delete the installation folder (you will either need to do a recursive delete, or delete all the contents of the folder before you and delete it), your Joomla! installation should show up when you browse to your Joomla! site.

–rlparker

Can you tell me where in the panel it is located please?

I’m sorry, but I do not understand what you are asking.

What you need to do is to delete the directory named “installation” that is in your web site’s “main” directory.

You can use an FTP client, or the shell (via ssh) to do this. If you do not have an FTP client, you can use the DreamHost provided WebFTP program to do the deletion.

If this is what you want to do, you can click the “WebFTP” link for your domain in the DreamHost Control Panel -> Domains -> Manage Domains screen.

After you provide your password, you will be taken to the web directory where you can see, and delete, the installation directory using the WebFTP program.

–rlparker

I got it now. Thank you. I’ll give it a try.

Thank you!

You are welcome, and “good luck”! :slight_smile:

–rlparker

That’s why I love DH, the community :slight_smile:

Dino
Get YOUR $97 off on yearly plan with [color=#CC0000]YOUGET97 [/color] promo code. Sign Up NOW