Joomla ftp problem

hi there,

i just tried the one-click-install of joomla, and most of the email instructions i got from dreamhost were pretty simple. but now i’m supposed to ftp to my site and remove the installation directory… however when i go to rampart and log in, i don’t see this new section. just all my old parts of the site. what might i be doing wrong?

thanks.

Just a couple of basic checks:

1. Are you using the same unix user between your “manual” site and your “one-click install”?
  2. Are you looking in the right web directory? Where did you have the one-click install install to?

Free unique IP and $67 off with code [color=#CC0000]LMIP67[/color] or use [color=#CC0000]LM97[/color] for $97 off. Click for more promo code discounts

thanks for the questions… well i’m not sure about the unix user one, the main site is peppermillrecords.com, this is a test site hoping to become the real one, and i created main.peppermillrecords.com to put joomla into.

but i guess where it installed to was mysql.peppermillrecords.com, i don’t ftp to that do i? i once added storage.peppermillrecords.com in order to put songs into, and i can access that with my rampart ftp login.

The the directory /home/yourusername/main.peppermillrecords.com exist?

Free unique IP and $67 off with code [color=#CC0000]LMIP67[/color] or use [color=#CC0000]LM97[/color] for $97 off. Click for more promo code discounts

the way fireftp seems to work, i don’t have a /home directory, unless that just means my first ftp folder… from there i have a few different directories including peppermillrecords.com but none of them has “main” inside of it. and the last time i made a subdirectory (storage.peppermillrecords.com) it was in this front ftp folder.

How did you create main.peppermillrecords.com? What did you put for its web directory?

thanks! i figured it out. you made me check my dreamhost panel to check for the web directory, i don’t know how but it was in a strange place and then i realized that i could log in under a different username for the same ftp and see different folders, it was just a bit confusing.

Yeah, I figured it was something like that!

Congratulations on figuring it out. Please feel free to come back for more help if you need it!