Joomla Error after Install

apps

I am new to Joomla and fairly new to php and after install I go the index.php file and here is the error I get.

Warning: require_once(/homefulhamusa/travelfulham.com/includes/version.php) [function.require-once]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/.flopsy/fulhamusa/travelfulham.com/includes/joomla.php on line 71

Fatal error: require_once() [function.require]: Failed opening required ‘/homefulhamusa/travelfulham.com/includes/version.php’ (include_path=’.:/usr/local/php5/lib/php’) in /home/.flopsy/fulhamusa/travelfulham.com/includes/joomla.php on line 71

I followed the directions exactly and feel this error stems from when I followed step 3 which came from the Dreamhost installer robot.

Step 3:
Leave everything alone except for the following:
Path : remove JUST the “/.something/” part of the path… leave the rest!

Any suggestions on how to rectify this problem?

Verify that you have not missed a slash in your configuration.php file. I am pretty sure “/homefulhamusa/” should be “/home/fulhamusa/” and Joomla just can’t find the document it’s looking for.

I know this is late for the original poster; however just in case I might be able to help someone else I shall attempt to reply.

The instructions that Dream Host sends to people in an email after they have just one clicked installed Joomla I believe has a major error in the instructions.

The instructions state this…

Step 3:
Path : remove JUST the “/.something/” part of the path… leave the rest!
Your E-mail : enter your email address.
Admin password: you may want to change this.
Click “Next >>”

I believe that this section is wrong.
Path : remove JUST the “/.something/” part

I believe it SHOULD say.
Path : remove JUST the “/.something” part.

because if you do as they say and remove "/.something/"
you are making two sections into one that shouldn’t be.

For example:
/home/.something/jimmy/fastcars.net

if we were to remove "/.something/"
we would be left with this
/homejimmy/fastcars.net

the home section and the jimmy section should not be squished together, but rather it should be separated by the / symbol.

I do hope this made sense and helped others out. I am not 100% sure this was the problem, but that would be my educated guess.

User24

[quote]I believe that this section is wrong.
Path : remove JUST the “/.something/” part

I believe it SHOULD say.
Path : remove JUST the “/.something” part.[/quote]
I agree with you completely, and that is a good observation. I think you should forward this to DH in a support ticket; those not familiar with DH’s “dataglobs” will screw this up if they follow the instructions precisely. :wink:

–rlparker

Thanks for your input rlparker I shall let DH know about it right now. :slight_smile:

Take Care
-User24

That’s great, though now I feel a little stupid :frowning: . I ran across a DH admin on IRC and pointed him to your post. He jumped right on it and it is now “fixed” (in CVS) to read:

[quote]
Step 3:
Path : remove JUST the “/.something” part of the path… leave the rest!

Path: /home/.something/youruser becomes /home/youruser[/quote]
…and should be “live” tomorrow. I hope the tech doesn’t go looking and think the user reported it wrong (if he sees it is already fixed) :open_mouth: . That said, you might want to withdraw that ticket (or not, :wink: ).

Now that’s what I call stellar service! :slight_smile:

–rlparker

Sorry if I embarrassed you by submitting a support ticket, but I didn’t see your response until now.

You are right - that is stellar customer service. The technician basically said the same thing to me - that the fix would be live today.

Not only stellar service, but I’ve noticed that the number of support tickets have been less lately and their response time has been even more so amazing. I know they mentioned the improvements they have been making, but I must say wow - so fast now.

Take Care
User24

Ha ha ha…no problem! I was not embarrassed at all; I just hated to think of a support tech getting all confused because he couldn’t find the error…all’s well that ends well :slight_smile: .

It is really great that the support response times have improved so much; Rock On, Dreamhost!

–rlparker