Joomla Contacts Edit Existing Fields

apps

Hi,
I have looked on the joomla forum and i have looked at extensions and done google searches, but i cannot find out where or how i can edit the contact fields. i don’t want fax, or mobile phone as fields, I want something else…
Any ideas?
Thanks.

Chunky

What items are displayed for a “contact” is controlled by the parameters for the contact entry itself (look on the right hand side of the screen, and explore the “parameters”).

BTW, all that is explained in the Joomla! online help within the application.

–rlparker
–DreamHost Tech Support

Well, thank you. I do see all that. What I want though is to edit the specific field names. For instance, I would like a field called “room number” or maybe a field called “intercom”

Thanks.

Chunky

Ah! I’m sorry, I misunderstood your question! I know of no way to do what you are asking using the included contacts module (without hacking the module’s code, and I don’t recommend doing that for a “core” module).

The way I would approach that is with a custom module/component. Possibly using one of the available form creation components where you can customize the screen and embed a form could give you a way to go that is reasonably convenient?

–rlparker
–DreamHost Tech Support