Joomla(CMS USers)

Help…

I just downloaded Joomla off of Dreamhost’s one touch install panel and am tinkering around with it. However I am not sure it can do what I want it do.

Basically I am creating a community site where people can create their own profiles with pictures, recieve messages from other users, and create links to other users.

If anyone has ever used Joomla or knows a little about it or CMS, please respond. I don’t want to invest months into building an infrastructure and then realizing it isn’t suited to what my goal is.

Thanks,
KobeBeef

Kobebeef,

Joomla can do all that but you may need to look for some extra modules or components to extend the functionality to what you are after.

Have a look at http://www.joomlaresource.com/.

REgards,
TracerB

Thanks TracerB. !!!

No problems. I’ve been playing with Mambo and now Joomla for over 8 months so feel free to ask any questions.

Regards,
Andrew

Drew,

Stupid question, but I just installed Joomla yesterday and I am trying to login to my admin window but the password/username doesn’t match. Weird since I didn’t change anything. Anyway, is there a way to get the password or reset the password?

THanks,
KobeBeef

Have you used phpMyAdmin before?