Joomla and google ads

apps

hi,
i have created a site with joomla and also have google adds on it. I will be adding a lot more content in the next week or two. anyway, the question is…99 % of the ads are dead on accurate, except for a perennial ad for cms. i don’t know where this is coming from…i did update the global meta settings for the site…there is still the link to joomla at the bottom, which i assumed that i couldn’t nuke.
i noticed this happening in a word press site i had done a while back as well.
any suggestions on what i could do to eliminate this attraction to google putting in this cms ad ? thanks !

Chunky

Joomla! is GPL and, while many like to leave the Joomla! link/credit visible on the site, you do not have to.

If you believe that is what is getting picked up by Google to target your site with an ad for a CMS, and you don’t want that to happen, you can remove that link. :wink:

–rlparker

I would imagine that as more content is added that the CMS ads should become less prevalent as google picks up more information on the sites content.

$97 DISCOUNT [color=#CC0000]DISCOM97[/color], Double bandwidth or disk [color=#CC0000]DISCOMX2BW[/color] or [color=#CC0000]DISCOMX2SPACE[/color] More codes