Jira

I can’t get the “contact support” link in the panel to work for whatever reason, so I guess I’ll ask here.

Does anybody know if there is a way to get Atlassian’s Jira project tracking system working with Dreamhost? I don’t want to pay Atlassian a monthly fee to host it for me, since there will be only 2 or 3 users. I tried to install it, but apparently I did something wrong (or it’s prohibited) since I got a nasty email from the Dreamhost Policy Bot:

[quote]Our automated system has come across the following activity under your account
that is in violation of our Terms of Service. We request that you take any
necessary action to cease the activity as quickly as possible or we will be
forced to take further action. If you were not aware of any such activity,
please feel free to contact support and we can look into the issue further.

User ajpolt running “/usr/local/dh/java/bin/java -Djava.util.logging.config.file=/home/ajpolt/jira.fivefirestudios.com/atlassian-jira-enterprise-4.0.1-standalone/conf/logging.properties -XX:MaxPermSize=256m -Xms128m -Xmx256m -Djava.awt.headless=true -Datlassian.standalone=JIR” listening on port 8080. Network daemons are against our Terms of Service.[/quote]
Specifically I’d just like to know whether I messed up and installed it wrong, or if there is just something Jira does which is prohibited by Dreamhost.

Is there any way I can get this working on Dreamhost, or should I just look for someone else who will let me host Jira?

Thanks!

Um… that e-mail you received pretty much says it all (as in no, you cannot use Jira here).

http://www.marciesgifts.com
PM for custom CMS(drupal,joomla,etc)/Blog(WP,MT,etc
)/forum(phpbb,smf,etc) install/transfer $75.
[color=#CC0000]$25 Off[/color] w/promo code SPRINKLES

Looks like Jira wants to run as its own web server, which we don’t allow on shared machines. You might be able to get this to work on Dreamhost PS, but you’ll need to set it to at least 300 MB for Jira to run, judging from the fact that it’s asking for 256 MB right off the bat.

If you don’t mind trying out something a little different, Trac and Redmine perform similar tasks but have much lower requirements.