Java SSH Applet

apps

Hey guys,

Does anyone ever tried to install a Java SSH Applet to access DH?
I’m trying to do this with a lot of applets, but not even one works as SSH, just telnet :frowning:

Thanks,
LaSombra

The real question is why you would want to do this. Why not use a normal SSH client?

If you want useful replies, ask smart questions.

I’ve used the Mindterm SSH Java and it works fine for me. Unless you sign the applet, however, you won’t be able to use it to access any site other than the one hosting the applet. But if you have a shell account, you can log into it and then ssh to another site.

One reason to use the SSH applet is as a backup in case you need to access something but can’t find a machine with an SSH client. Most any recent browser will support Java applets. (On the other hand, you do have to be wary about using a public computer; a keystroke logger could capture your password.)

That’s easy :slight_smile:
I travel a lot and sometimes I travel without my notebook, so sometimes (quite a lot actually) I have to access from hotel business center’s and kiosks.

I’ve tried that one, but I can’t access skybar. Is ssh to my host the same as skybar?
If yes, I don’t need to sign it at all :smiley:

I guess that makes sense, but I’ve solved that problem by carrying a USB thumb drive[1] containing, among other things, Putty and Portable Firefox. You never know when you may be stuck using someone’s crippled Windows machine.

[1] Until I lost it recently, that is. I really need to get a new one.

If you want useful replies, ask smart questions.

If a Java applet is unsigned, then it can only communicate with the host from which it was loaded.

Looking at my setup, I see that mydomain.com does not resolve to the same IP as the name of the DH server. So if the applet is being accessed from www.yourdomain.com, then try ssh to yourdomain.com instead of skybar.

I tried with www.mydomain.com and it worked!!!

Thank you lrosenstein!