Jabber only with SSL?

Hello, I can’t do this work for my. I have the Crazy Domain Insane plan, this hasn’t SSL, in this case can still use the jabber server?

If this is only to security i don’t know what I’m doing wrong, but one doubt at a time :).

Thanks.

As far as I know you do not require a SSL certificate to operate Jabber.
If you want one then you have to pay for the certificate and also pay for a monthly IP address for the domain.

If that is not the answer to your question then you may wish to contact DreamHost in your first language.

Norm

Opinions are my own views and not the views of DreamHost. :open_mouth:
Any advice offered by me should be acted upon at your own risk.

You don’t need SSL to use Jabber. However, you can use SSL if you want to for security reasons. All you have to do is make is change the “server” field to server_you_are_on.dreamhost.com and it will work. :slight_smile:

digitalrundown.com

Yes, i clear my doubt with your question.

Thank you both.

Pd.: This is new for me, can I contact support at my own language? spanish in this case.

I made some enquiries and sorry there is no-one fluent enough in Spanish so you will have to use English.

However. We can understand you okay on this forum and there must be a Spanish speaker on the forum to help you with the trickier bits. :slight_smile:

Norm

Opinions are my own views and not the views of DreamHost. :open_mouth:
Any advice offered by me should be acted upon at your own risk.