Jabber not allowing logins

I sent a message to support, but it has been 24 hours now and no reply, so I thought i’d try here.

Jabber was working fine up to about 36 hours ago, at which point all authentications returned 401 Unauthorized error codes in the xml stream. I’ve tried inactivating, waiting several minutes, then reactivating jabber accounts. I’ve tried making a new account. All login attempts fail with the 401 Unauthorized error.

Has anyone else encountered this problem? Any solutions besides waiting forever for support to get back to me?

Mine is still working (vidar) but I seem to be getting S2S connection errors, or dialback errors to some servers, so I can’t see half the people on my roster.

I am availableServer Connect Timeout

Maybe DNS problems or something?

Zilch

Support finally got back to me, claiming it was working fine. It still isn’t though. Ugh.

I doubt it’s a DNS problem, at least in my case. I just use the jabber server for IM communication with the couple other users I have on the server, so there isn’t even any S2S connections involved for me.

I think jabberd uptime should be included in the uptime guarantee. Seems silly to exclude it, but I guess if they included it, my uptime would drop well below 90%.

Since it seems to be working for the rest of us, there are a couple of things you could try.

First check to see if SSL connections have become checked by accident. If your client lets you view the raw XML, check to see what error the server is actually returning. Next try a different account, and a different client.

I would be happy to see the Jabber server included in the guaranteed update, but it wouldn’t be practical for the gateways, as Dreamhost (like the rest of the Jabber community) are at the mercy of the likes of AOL and Microsoft for those.

Can anyone give me any hints on the connectivity problems with syndicon.de? I have seen this problem with other domains from DH based Jabber servers before.

Zilch.